Cleaning your aura is essential for spiritual hygiene. By cleaning your aura on a daily basis, you protect yourself against psychic attacks and illnesses. A clean aura is charismatic and will encourage better relations with others. People will naturally be more considerate and grant favors to one whose aura is clean and radiating with energy. Here is where we influence people and get them to do as we wish. Negative thoughtforms used in black magick and generated from the ill will, jealousy and/or anger of others attach to one’s aura and invite misfortune such as accidents, illnesses and so forth. Cleaning one’s aura [as long as there are no serious problems] only takes a few minutes a day and is well worth it. When one is ill, and/or depressed, the aura is dirty and can take many meditations to clean. What is within reflects in one’s aura. When there is illness, whether it has already manifested itself, or is pending, the aura will take on a dirty grayish color. Here are a few simple ways to do it.
- Comb Your Aura – Wash and dry your hands throughly. Using your fingers as a comb, comb through the space surrounding your body starting at your head continuing downward to the toes. Afterwards, clean your hands with running water allowing all-picked up energies to be washed away.
- Take a Shower – Stand under an outdoor waterfall or indoor shower. Allow the water to flow generously over every inch of your body: head, face, arms, torso, legs, and feet. As you watch the water disappear down the drain or disperse away from your feet breathe freely and imagine all your troubles and stress flowing away from your mind along with the water.
- Rainwater Cleansing – Walking in the rainfall. There might not be anything more satisfying than walking outdoors when it is raining. Look up to the skies as you breathe in the humid air as raindrops fall onto your face. Refreshing… cleansing!
- Wind and Play – Free your mind and shake out any grungies that are clinging to your auric field by running freely and playfully in the wind. Go ahead, stretch your arms outwards and give your body a spin on the grassy lawn or meadow. Not too fast, you don’t want to fall down.
- Whisk Aura with Feathers – Using a single feather or feather whisk make sweeping motions through the space surrounding your body. Begin at your feet and work upwards…. much like a bird would fly from the ground to the top of a tree. Ask a friend to assist by sweeping your backside or any areas around your physical being that you cannot reach easily.
- Smudge Your Aura – Smudge the area surrounding your body with the smoke from sage, lavender, sweetgrass, or other smudging herbs. You can also gently breathe in some of the smudged air (not recommended for the asthmatic individual).
- Saltwater Soak – Treat your auric field and physical body by soaking in a steaming tub of water with epsom salt or a sea salt bath treatment. Choose from a variety of unscented or scented bath salt products. Eucalyptus is wonderful for cleansing the sinuses or discharging fluish ickies. A lavender sea salt bath cleanses and calms body and spirit. Unscented is best for scent-sensitives.
- Turkey or owl feathers are especially good feathers to use for sweeping the aura.
- Take care to do some deep breathing exercises while cleansing your aura to aid in flushing your inner body.
- Caution: Do not walk in the rain during an electrical storm.